New platter bearing for Dual changers

• ...still listed as "unavailable"...

Looks very nice and precise.

Gruss

Florian

Dreher : CS721; CS 704; CS 701; CS 621; CS 604; 1229; 1219; 1019; 1218; 1225

• Hi,

i am pretty shure those parts are standard bearings type F10-18M. Should be available on E-Bay...or even the last gas station before the highway...

Yours sincerely

Rainer

• Yes,

looking here

search ebay

In 2021/2022 we talking about this here.

I still have a few of them here ;)

Grüße... Lutz alias Lu

>>>Umarmungen am Tag<<<

4x zum Überleben

8x zum sich gut fühlen

12x zum innerlichem Wachsen

• So are they silent, compared to the original bearing?

Which dimensions will be required please?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von chartz ()

• How could they are being silent whit that amount of balls?

Früher mal Fachmann für´s Thema, heute nur noch Hobbylöter. Mit Hang zu Plattenspielern mit AC -Motoren.

• Soweit ich mich an die früheren Diskussionen erinnere, sind reine Stahllager materialbedingt nicht die leisesten Konstruktionen. Allein deswegen setzten Dual und z.B. Elac Materialkombinationen ein.

Heutige 2K-Lager arbeiten mit hochmoderen Beschichtungen, um leise zu laufen. Diese Lager sind aber ganz anderen Belastungen ausgesetzt. Die vergleichsweise wenig belasteten und simplen Plattentellerlager sind mit den Stahl-/Kunststoffkontruktionen schon damals in die Zielrichtung der preisgünstigen Laufruhe konstruiert worden. Das Lager meines Miracord bestand bis auf die Kugeln (und das außenliegende Gehäuse) nur aus Kunststoff: Laufflächen - ohne Käfig. Das empfand ich als laufruhiger als die Duallager.

As far as I remember from earlier discussions, pure steel bearings are not the quietest designs due to the material used. For this reason alone, Dual and Elac, for example, use combinations of materials.

Today's 2K bearings work with state-of-the-art coatings in order to run quietly. However, these bearings are exposed to completely different loads. The comparatively lightly loaded and simple turntable bearings with their steel/plastic constructions were already designed back then with the aim of running quietly at low cost. Apart from the balls (and the external housing), the bearing of my Miracord consisted only of plastic: running surfaces - without a cage. I found this to be smoother running than the dual bearings.

• If you want to try ceramic balls. I use them in my Dual 1228 and will also put them into the 1229. The Lenco L78 with one ceramic ball is dead quiet. Ok, totally different construction, but the platter bearing of the 1228 also makes no noise. Here the idler wheel and the motor itself are audible.

By the way I use Marine bearing grease in the bearings.

Früher mal Fachmann für´s Thema, heute nur noch Hobbylöter. Mit Hang zu Plattenspielern mit AC -Motoren.

• I don’t really get any noise from my motor or my idler wheel, but the main bearing purrs ever so slightly, I can hear it. It’s faint but I can clearly hear it in silent passages.

I tried chainsaw oil and it improves things a little.

• Bearing grease yes. Okay, but still slightly noisy. Possibly there is somewhere a better grease that leads to less noise, I don’t know.

Bicycle pink grease maybe?

• Bicycle pink grease maybe?

Try it baby, try it

Grüße... Lutz alias Lu

>>>Umarmungen am Tag<<<

4x zum Überleben

8x zum sich gut fühlen

12x zum innerlichem Wachsen

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!
Nach der Registrierung können Sie aktiv am Forenleben teilnehmen und erhalten Zugriff auf weitere Bereiche des Forums.