Best of dual

• Hello,

I would like to know your thoughts about
    1) 3 best sounding dual turntables
    2) 3 technically most correctly built tables
    3) 3 most beautiful turntables (this could be a very subjective opinion)
    Probably those will override each other.
    And maybe some model which to avoid :)
    And sorry if this sounds very foolish :)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von edgars ()

• 731 with DN 160E naked stylus & 731 with MCC 110 :D

Nothing else ;)

Okay, you are asking for 3 - well take the 731 in brown, black, silver

• Hi !

1) technically they should not sound at all.
    2) 1019, 1218, 701 (each in its timezone ...)
    3) see 2)

:D

I must have about 60 units with a 1963 1009 as oldest and a CS620Q which marks the end of my interest, since I basically dislike these "plastic-bombers". Before the 1009 the Duals were somehow interesting, but not HiFi. I like the heavy metal cookoo clocks like the 1009, 1015, 1019 of the 60s. Notheless I have some more modern units around. There are some sort of "design classics" like the 1218 (first full cardanic main arm bearing), the 601 (first Dual belt drive) and 701 (first Dual direct drive). In my teens I fell in love with the 1228 but could not afford one - these days I have 5 of them ...

Sometimes - during testing - I do odd things with the older gear, like with the 1237 on the testbench. It is running perfectly that way. You only need to balance the tone arm properly. Once your 601 is working again you might try yourself. Put some books on under the left side to reach a 30° tilt-angle, then pull "Start" ...
    That's something to confuse visitors. "I wanted to test out if it can be used on a sailboat ..." Watch the faces and try not to laugh.

You should not try that with all the other players that only have weight-balanced arms.

As an append to 2) Well ... the 704 / 714 / 721 / 604 / 621 / 496 / 1249 / 1229 aren't bad as well.
    Even a unit as small as the 1210 could bring a lot fun. Depends on the condition they are and once you'd invested some time for maintenance they all do fine.

:D

Peter aus dem Lipperland

Solo mio, vendro unscrupuloso, custombres sansaclu.

• 1) As Peter said the turntables itself should not sound ;) It depends on the cartridge and stylus.

2) My favourites are 1019, 731 and 741.

3) 601, 701 and 714

Gruß Christian

Ich suche folgende LPs von Pearl Jam: Live on two legs, Lost Dogs, rearviewmirror

• 1) 3 best sounding dual turntables: 741Q, 1229 (or 1219 late version with DM103), 721 (other top of the line models I haven't heard yet)
    2) 3 technically most correctly built tables: 1019, 1219, 701
    3) 3 most beautiful turntables (this could be a very subjective opinion: 1019, 1219, 1218

Gruß
    Michael

Es spielen: 1219 (2x) * 1209 * 1019 * 1009 * 721 * CL240

• Hello
    My device Selection

One answer for all questions

1019, 1219/29, 1009

Greats Andy

Gruß Andy

Die wichtigste Reise unseres Lebens könnte diejenige sein, bei der wir jemand anderem auf halben Wege entgegenkommen

( Verfasser unbekannt )

• 1. The only thing that sounds, should be the record
    2. Dual 1219 (mostly mechanical manufactured masterpiece)
    3. Dual 701 (best of two worlds, old fashioned mechanics and material with modern build drive and actual design of tonearm attachment)

Best regards

Axel

audio ergo sum

• 3 best sounding dual turntables: Turntables shouldn't sound
    3 technically most correctly built tables: 741Q, 731Q, 750
    3 most beautiful turntables: Golden 1, 5000, 731Q

freundliche Grüße

Ralph

• 1. out of box: 701, 1249, 741Q
    2. 1218, 1219, 701
    3. 601, 750, 721

Peter

Die Leute blicken immer so verächtlich auf vergangene Zeiten, weil die dies und jenes ›noch‹ nicht besaßen, was wir heute besitzen.
    Es ist nicht nur vieles hinzugekommen. Es ist auch vieles verloren gegangen, im guten und im bösen. Die von damals hatten vieles noch nicht. Aber wir haben vieles nicht mehr.
    (Tucholsky)

• Hi ^^

First of all: there ain't no foolish questions - there only are stupid answers.

Point 1): this one is answered, I suppose; there ain't no turntable, which has a sound itself - if you are not especially talking about (motor-)hum and other noise.
    Point 2): I can't answer this one, 'cause I didn't have so many Duals in my hands up to now.
    Point 3): a bit tricky; I'd prefer 510, 601 and 1249 - or, if there a DD should be in the collection: 510, 701, 1249. That's only my personal opinion and not representative.

Referring to point 2) I can't cite a sample for models to avoid; here I only have an opinion, depending on my taste and this means: the more modern Duals aren't attractive enough for me to put into my rack. Technically they might be from not recommendable to fantastic, but for reasons given in 2) I'm no judge of which is which.
    I know: I'm only of little help 8|8o ...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!
Nach der Registrierung können Sie aktiv am Forenleben teilnehmen und erhalten Zugriff auf weitere Bereiche des Forums.