Tonarm ausbauen beim 50 H / 22 H: Wie muss ich vorgehen?

• Hallo Kollegen,

neues Jahr-neue Projekte: bei meinem Miraphon 22 H hat sich der Tonarmkopf, das schwarze Kunststoffteil, vom Alu-Tonarm gelöst. Das will ich jetzt wieder kleben. Für die richtige Position des Tonarmkopfes mach ich mir eine Schablone aus aushärtender Kunststoffmasse, die ich vorher von einem intakten Tonarm eines Miracord 50 H abforme.

Das ist soweit alles klar. Also hab ich gestern Abend den 50 H mal in meinen Reparaturständer gepackt und versucht,den Tonarm abzubauen. Erfolglos! Entweder ich muss alles bis ins letzte Detail zerlegen oder.... mir fehlt noch die zündende Idee! Wie kann man den Tonarm ausbauen, ohne alles zu zerlegen. Wer hat schon mal bei diesen Drehern den Tonarm ausgebaut und kann mir Tipps geben?

Auch bei Pytalhost hab ich keine brauchbare Demontageanleitung gefunden.

Vorab schon mal Danke für eure Hilfe.

Gruß, Uli

• Hallo, all-I ein neues Mitglied aus den USA bin, so bitte entschuldigen Sie mein Deutsch. Ich bin mit Google Translate, und ich werde auch in englischer Sprache verfassen nur für den Fall Google macht dies in etwas verrückt.

Ich habe auch eine 50H mit einigen Nachverfolgen von Problemen, und ich habe das Problem eingegrenzt nach den Tonarm Pivot Widerstand. Ich habe versucht, den Tonarm Pivot schmieren und es hat einige Verbesserungen gemacht, aber das Problem ist immer noch da.

Hat jemand wissen, ob ich den Tonarm zur Reinigung und Schmierung zu zerlegen? Das Service-Handbuch scheint nicht um die Entfernung der Tonarm überhaupt anzugehen.

Ich verstehe auch, dass es eine Kupplung, die zu eng geworden und Bedürfnisse angepasst werden kann, aber ich kann nicht herausfinden, wo es ist, oder wie man es einstellen.

Ich habe es wirklich genossen die Arbeit an diesem TT, und ich bin so nah zu können, um Datensätze zuverlässig zu hören. Können Sie mir bitte helfen?

Thanks from America!

Daniel

Original text:

Hello, all- I'm a new member from the US, so please excuse my German. I'm using Google Translate, and I'll also post in English just in case Google makes this into something crazy.
    I also have a 50H with some tracking issues, and I've narrowed the issue down to the tonearm pivot resistance. I've tried to lubricate the tonearm pivot and it has made some improvement, but the issue is still there.
    Does anyone know if I can disassemble the tonearm for cleaning and lubrication? The service manual doesn't seem to address removal of the tonearm at all.
    I also understand that there is a clutch assembly that can become too tight and needs to be adjusted, but I can't figure out where it is or how to adjust it.
    I've really enjoyed working on this TT, and I'm so close to being able to listen to records on it reliably. Can you please help me?
    Thanks from America!
    Daniel

• Hi Daniel and welcome here,

the google-translation is quite funny, it´s easier to read your original post than to try to understand the google-translation.

But sorry, as well I´m looking for someone who knows about the disassembling of the tonearm. Ok, it´s not difficult to disassemble the whole bearing into all the single parts without any sense but I think there are a lot of adjustments, which I never will find again when I will fix it.

So let´s hope together that we will find someone who has this special experience.

Regards,

Uli

• hi there,

could you specify what these tracking issues are? i had this turntable with tracking issues...it was a faulty
    tonearm-brake (don't know if that is the correct technical term)

have a look at this picture , there shouln't be contact where the red arrow is when the tonearm is at work,
    otherwise there is some friction that prevents the tonearm from moving freely... which causes tracking erros.

this is of course just one possibility, but better check that first.
    romme

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von romme ()

• Hallo Kollegen,

ja ist den hier tatsächlich niemand dabei, der schon mal bei einem Miraphon/Miracord 22H / 50H /50H II schon mal den Tonarm abgebaut hat? Oder der eine weiterführende Service-Anleitung hat oder kennt, wo diese Demontage beschrieben ist?

Experten! Wo seid ihr!!!!

Gruß, Uli

• Thank you, Uli. I have the same fears.... I could just start disassembly, but I fear nothing would ever been in the correct state of adjustment ever again.

• Romme,

I will check this tonight. By "tracking errors," I mean that the needle skips backwards and repeats the same groove over and over again. If you lift the tonearm and put it down elsewhere it will do the same thing again. There is some sort of tension that keeps the tonearm from tracking into the record.

Does that make sense?

I will check the brake tonight and make sure that the spring isn't making contact. Hopefully you will have solved my problem!

Daniel

• hi daniel,

that does make perfect sense....exactly the problem thet i had...just check the picture that i've linked....that lever in the middle
    should pull the bolt/pivot down so there is no contact between this bolt when the needle actually touches the vinyl. afaik this bolt should prevent the tonarm from drifting outside due to antiskating forces when you lower the tonarm...but it should be out of work when when it is completly down....hope it helps.

romme

• Thank you, Romme. I truly hope this is all it is and I can be spared a complete teardown.

And most of all, thank you for your patience with my English. I hate to come on here and not speak your language, and I'm very grateful that you and Uli have been so welcoming.

Daniel

hi daniel,

that does make perfect sense....exactly the problem thet i had...just check the picture that i've linked....that lever in the middle
    should pull the bolt/pivot down so there is no contact between this bolt when the needle actually touches the vinyl. afaik this bolt should prevent the tonarm from drifting outside due to antiskating forces when you lower the tonarm...but it should be out of work when when it is completly down....hope it helps.

romme

• hi daniel,

i hope you could make sense of my english...i'm not that familiar with some technical terms neither in
    english nor in german :rolleyes: let me know if you can solve this problem. i know that i tried to tighten the screw but
    it didn't move a bit...i finally put a bit of thin plastic (carved like a U-washer) between the lever and the screw, which did
    the job.

cheers
    romme

• Romme,

I took a look last night and that the pin is too tight. You can see where the tip has been dragging on the underside of the tonearm. I've tried to adjust it, but just like you it would not budge.

Everything needs a good cleaning anyway, so I'll probably disassemble this weekend and see what I can sort out. I'll take good pictures and post them here for Uli- unless everything goes wrong.

Daniel

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!
Nach der Registrierung können Sie aktiv am Forenleben teilnehmen und erhalten Zugriff auf weitere Bereiche des Forums.