Bestes plattenspieler?

• Hallo,
    Welches Elac Plattenspieler ist reibrad und Gurt-im Antrieb plus Art am besten?
    Jeder ein glückliches Weihnachten wünschen

Danke

Elacfan

• Es muss schwierig sein, diese Frage zu verstehen. Ich benutze Internet gegründete Übersetzungshilfsmittel, um hier bekanntzugeben. Morgens sure, dass die Übersetzung arm sein muss.
    Welches ist das bessere Elac von dieser Liste?
    50H, 50H II, PC815, PC818, PC870

Danke

Elacfan

• Hallo Elacfan (wie heißt Du denn wirklich?),

die Übersetzung ist wirklich schlecht zu verstehen! Der massivste in der von Dir genannten Liste ist wohl der 50H, den habe ich selbst, und das ist ein schönes Gerät. Der 50H II unterscheidet sich vor allem dadurch, dass er eine Pitch-Regulierung hat (die man aber beim 50H nicht vermisst). Beide Plattenspieler sind sehr zu empfehlen.

Frohe Weihnachten!
    Malle

• Hallo,
    meine Hitparade:

1. Miracord 50H II / PC50H II - Für mich der beste Plattenwechsler überhaupt.

2. Miracord 50H - Der bekannteste Elac

3. PC870 - Der einzige Elac mit großem Plattenteller und Riemenantrieb.

4. PC818 - Nur ein halbautomatischer Einfachspieler

50. PC815 - Platz 50 darum, weil dass das einfachste vom einfachen ist und nicht mit den anderen Modellen zu vergleichen.

Deiner Liste würde ich gerne noch die beiden direktangetriebenen Modelle PC900 / PC910 hinzufügen. Die müssten sich dann den 2.Platz mit dem Miracord 50H teilen :D

Gruß
    Thorsten

Kommt aus der Rille nur noch Stille, dann hilft auch keine Pille!

Und ist der Ruf erst ruiniert, dann lebt es sich ganz ungeniert! :thumbup:

• Hallo,

na dann ergänze ich aber nochmal den Miracord 770H.
    Lag meines bescheidenen Elac Wissens nach, preislich sogar noch über dem 50H und hat sogar einen regelbaren Pitch ;).

Gruß

pet

"Wenn du nicht paranoid bist, beweist das nicht, dass sie nicht hinter dir her sind", Terry Pratchett.

• Hello Anwesh, maybe speaking english works better for you? Then give it a try, most people in here are able to understand english, which may be easier to understand than the crappy automated translation.

Cheers,
    Jan

Schön, dass sie mal wieder reinschauen, Herr Schäuble...

SUCHE Vinyl von
    - Atari Teenage Riot - alles
    - Asia - Aurora (EP, 1986)
    - Asia alles nach 1990

• I agree. A lot of the board members are able to unterstand and reply in English. Same with the description of parts, e.g. idler wheel (in German: Reibrad) etc.

As most of the instruction manuals and service manuals were written bilingual or multilingual it's easy to translate some words, except idioms, more accurate.

Welcome on board.

Regards,

Wolfgang

Dual 505-3 defekt, Dual 1229 (alle Nuss.)
    Linn: LP12 Majik,Karousel, Lingo 4 (Kirsch), Thorens TD160 Super/SME3009R (Mahaghoni), TD240-2 (Nuss.), Restteile TD2001

Saba 8050 defekt und 8120 (Nuss.), Saba 9141,Yamaha A-S701 (Silber), Yamaha MCR-870D

Ehemalige Dual:CS504,CS505-1/-2,CS522,1214,1219,1229(2x,darunter SABA 785),1246 (3x),1249 (2x),704,CS627q,2*CS741q Satin und Anthrazit,CR60,C810,C812,C919-1,MV61,CR1730,C824,HS152,komplette 1462er-Serie in Braun Resterampe: Verkauf oder Wertstoffhof

• Hallo Jan and Wolfgang,

Thank you for the responses. I was not sure if posting in English language is accepted, but your responses have removed the doubt I had. Understanding German language manuals is not a big problem to me. I landed on this forum last year during my search for the manual of Elac PW5. I could repair this successfully due to guidance and service manual given by Thorsten.

Wishing everybody a happy Christmas,

Regards,

Anwesh

• Dear Anwesh,

that's great. If necessary I'd like to recommend this online dictionary: http://dict.leo.org .

Please visit our allways busy board member "wegavision's" website http://wegavision.pytalhost.com/elac.html for more information concerning ELAC. He collects manuals, advertising and much more for different brands. Just delete ../elac.html to enter the main site. His informations regarding Dual are really famous.

Why are you so intrested in ELAC turntables ? I'm wondering that this brand is known in India, since Dual or other brands was successful in the past on the world market and probably better known. If you like, please tell us your story.

I wish you a prosperous new year.

Regards,

Wolfgang

Linn: LP12 Majik,Karousel, Lingo 4 (Kirsch), Thorens TD160 Super/SME3009R (Mahaghoni), TD240-2 (Nuss.), Restteile TD2001

Saba 8050 defekt und 8120 (Nuss.), Saba 9141,Yamaha A-S701 (Silber), Yamaha MCR-870D

Ehemalige Dual:CS504,CS505-1/-2,CS522,1214,1219,1229(2x,darunter SABA 785),1246 (3x),1249 (2x),704,CS627q,2*CS741q Satin und Anthrazit,CR60,C810,C812,C919-1,MV61,CR1730,C824,HS152,komplette 1462er-Serie in Braun Resterampe: Verkauf oder Wertstoffhof

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von analogi67 ()

• Hi! Wolfgang,

First of all my apologies for this rather late reply. I have been so much tied down last few weeks that I could not visit here.

OK, so a few clarifications.
    ELAC is not at all a known brand name in India. (For changers and TTs, ELAC speakers have an authorized distributor here) When vinyl was ruling, a Garrard changer was a status symbol. Dual and to some extent Grundig were the popular German brands. Bellow these came the locally assembled Philips, Murphy etc.

The ELAC PW5 has been a member of my family since 1963. My father purchased this brand new unit (probably unsold stock from the home market as this model was discontinued in 1958). I was born in 1965 and shortly after that my father had a custom radiogram cabinet made that was fitted with a Murphy valve radio and this Elac changer. The music from that radiogram, interspersed with the change cycle going through its motions, is an integral part of my childhood memories. By the late seventies, the changer lost its auto abilities, as the rubber gear wheel under the platter disintegrated. A spare could not be found, and the changer was sent into semi-retirement as newer single play record player and transistorized stereo amp was installed. The changer has been in storage since the 80s, under the watchful eye of my mother who knows my affection for that machine. I started to search the web for information regarding Elac products and service info for Changers about 2 years ago. I could not find much for several months, until I found the image of my changer on radiomuseum.org. Here I learned the model/type number for the first time, and found some links that led me to dual-board.de. I signed up, Thorsten here has been a great help, he sent me the service manual and even removed the rubber wheel from his working unit to scan and send me the image. This enabled me to overhaul and repair my unit; I have also been able to make some modifications in the tonearm axle mechanism to bring down the VTF from the original 9.5 grams to 2.5 grams. The changer now works successfully 2with a mm cartridge also. I still have to make a proper plinth and cover for this, and hope to find time for this soon. I do love idler drive tables, and have been saving up to buy something off ebay.de. Hence the original question here, which is the best model? The biggest problem when I decide to go for this shall be the shipping costs; these may be higher than the cost of the unit itself.

Hope this not a very boring story.

With Warm Regards,

Anwesh

• Dear Anwesh,

thanks you for your story and congratulation for the successful repair of your ELAC Turntable

Zitat

Original von elacfan
    The biggest problem when I decide to go for this shall be the shipping costs; these may be higher than the cost of the unit itself.

Yes, indeed this may be very expensive. I checked http://www.dhl.com ( Department of German Postal Service) and this are the prices from Germany to India:

Petit Paquet, <= 2 kg, without insurance:
    min. 15 x 11 x 1 cm, max. L + B + H = 90 cm, no side longer than 60 cm: 13,90 EUR

Paquet: min. 15 x 11 x 1 cm, max. 120 x 60 x 60 cm, insurance under certain conditions:
    < 5 kg: 40,00 EUR
    < 10 kg: 55.00 EUR
    < 20 kg 85,00 EUR

It might be a good idea to split such a record unit into 2-3 pieces, like 9 kg for the main body, platter etc. (55 EUR) and some smaller parts, like counterweight, pickup etc. into the small packet. But I've no idea if there are taxes.

Due not profesional packaging some of our members observed that a lot of units were destroyed, so 'aschuma' created an instruction for Dual turntables.

Your main questions, which one may the "best" ELAC, I guess the biggest one are comparably. So if there is a good offer, take the opportunity. The old catalogues on 'wegavisions' site and same test journals may offer some tipps for you. During the 60es some books of the most selled items were created, you find them on:
    http://wegavision.pytalhost.com/jahrbuch1/
    http://wegavision.pytalhost.com/jahrbuch2/
    http://wegavision.pytalhost.com/jahrbuch3/
    (Plattenspieler = record player)

One of the biggest analogue fora in Germany is http://www.analog-forum.de. . Please check also those offers. You need to register to enter the marketplace. Newcomers can not sell immediately after registrations, this was made to avoid them turning into a bidding place. But in your case you want to buy.

Good Luck.

Wolfgang

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von analogi67 ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!
Nach der Registrierung können Sie aktiv am Forenleben teilnehmen und erhalten Zugriff auf weitere Bereiche des Forums.