dual 721 brummt

• Did you check the contacts at the headshell?

Look here:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne deine Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklärst du dich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Yours
    Kurt

• i wil check the arm headshell kontakts kurt
    headshell is ok also on other turntable
    thanks info
    carlos

• hallo
    the audio signal from the headshell via tonarm cabling is activated by a switch driven by the yellow program disk, is this korrekt?
    carlos

• Hallo Carlos,

the Audio Signal must not be activated, because it normally is active.
    In other words: it is permanently activated and it is only temporally deactivated.

In Standard-Situation, that means when the yellow program disk (i think you mean the "Kurvenrad") is in Zero-Position, you should have all the four Connections (red, green, White and blue) going properly from the RCA-Cinch to the contacts in the headshell (Posting2).

In Special-Situation, that means when the Kuvenrad works, there will be two more connections: a short circuit produced between red to green (for the right channel) and white to blue (for the left channel). That way there is no Sound at all (but alle the Connections are good).

This short circuit is generated by the so called "Kurzschließer". It was constructed to avoid disturbance, while the mechanical parts are working.

Important for you:

In Zero-Position (when the "yellow Programm disk" is a snapped in the Parking Position and the Start/Stop Level is in Mid-Position) you can easily check the Connections. And you can check as well, that there is no connection between red/green and white/blue.

In Addition, if you have a Magnetic cartridge well mounted and the contacts are good, you can measure with a multimeter set on "2K" the exact values of the Magnetic cartridge.
    You have to measure between red and green for the right channel and between white and blue for the left channel (or at the corresponding contacts of your cinch cable).

Result should be something between 500 and 1500 dependig on your Magnetic cartridge.

I hope, that helps you somehow.

Yours
    Kurt

• hallo kurt
    very nice info
    now for even better understanding, on the point were the tonearm cabling and rca cable output are connected,
    there is also a switch with two legs parked on the kurvenrad
    when the kurvenrad is working the switch is opened or closed, im not sure wat it should be because i see a problem there with the legs
    i wil check that of course with multi meter but is always nice to have info how its working
    picture is switch on kurvenrad

• when the Kurvenrad ist working, the switch ist CLOSED.
    Alois

Viele Grüße
    Alois

Dual 721 mit Ortofon OM30, getrennten Massen, quarzgesteuertem Stroboskop, Hitachi HCA 7500, Hitachi HMA 7500, Hitachi D-900, Saba MT201, RFT CD9000, Canton GLE 409

• As Alois already said: while working the Switch is closed and that means all Signals are killed by producing a short circuit.

---

But returning to your Problem: I don't think, that the "Kurzschließer"-Switch, even if it does not work properly, can be the reason for brumming.

Reason for brumming is normaly a bad contact of one of the four coloured cables on their way from RCA-Cinch to the Magnetic cartridge or a missing/bad contact of the black cable to ground.

Kurt

• thanks alois

now still on the hum (brummt)

i measured the cartridge via the rca connectors
    one channel is ok 1.3 kohm
    one channel infinity
    this is with the two earth wires stranded together from the rca cable
    with the two earth wires from the rca cable separated the two channels are ok measuring 1.3 kohm
    also extra earth wiring from chassis to preamp chassis (tubeamp) give me huge improvement but not hum free
    this is very strange for my other two tables 701/721 are dead quit with the two earth wires rca cable twisted together and,
    connected together to the unit were also the mute swith is connected ( were rca cables are connected with tone arm cabling
    further no shorts detected in cabling tone arm
    carlos

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!
Nach der Registrierung können Sie aktiv am Forenleben teilnehmen und erhalten Zugriff auf weitere Bereiche des Forums.