Dual CS 701 Plattenspieler sehr schnell

• Hello

Excuse me , i don't speak deutsch .
    My dual Turn very quickly since next week , i take the voltage at the pin of the LM709 , there are no change on 33 or 45 .

patte 1 - nc patte 14 - nc
    patte 2 - nc patte 13 - nc
    patte 3 - 10.8 patte 12 - 14.7
    patte 4 - 10.2 patte 11 - 15
    patte 5 - 1.8 patte 10 - 0.8
    patte 6 - masse patte 9 - 0.9
    patte 7 - nc patte 8 - nc

Thanks

• Hi !

As far as I can tell this is a fairly common misbehaviour.

The 701 is in constant "cold start" mode and the operational amplifier does not (or: cannot) turn the motor down.
    Usually this is a fault with the tantalium capacitors C5, C6 and C7 as Roland pointed it out already. These are known to produce internal shorts over the years and - in rare occasions - the LM709 is damaged already.

You should replace all tantalium capacitors - either with "modern" tantaliums or normal electrolytics. It does not matter too much in the end. The error with using standard types sums up to a few promilles only for the motor flutter in the end. The LM709 today is available in an 8-pin package in most cases. But as far as I can tell there is a printing on the board how to solder the 8- and 14-pin variants.

My own 701 has these capacitors replaced already as well as the "main" caps for the power supply (C3 + C4) as well as the LM709. It wasn't as bad as on yours, but it had occasional "hick-ups" already, so I decided to renovate the most obvious points beforehand.

Peter aus dem Lipperland

Solo mio, vendro unscrupuloso, custombres sansaclu.

• I found a condensator in short circuit between the connector n°20 and the resistor R31 !
    and when T8 is not in contact with the other (T4, T5, T6 and T7), she work !!!!

• Hi !

I found a condensator in short circuit between the connector n°20 and the resistor R31 !

Capacitors C6 and C7 are responsible to initiate the startup process.

On normal operation the relay rests on the R contact and only C6 is used.
    On "cold start" the relay switches to the A contact and C7 is pulled additionally, which causes the OpAmp to shift to "Full Power Ahead" to get the heavy platter startet. After C6 + C7 are charged the relay drops and the OpAmp regulates to the normal speed set and controlled from the generator.

When C6 / C7 are shorted the unit runs permanently in startup mode.
    This causes T8 to fully conduct and give full power to the motor drivers.
    So is T10 & T11 and the relay never shuts off.
    The usual regulation via T9 and the OpAmp is then bypassed.

Peter aus dem Lipperland

• Hi !

I change T8 and now it's good ;)

Okay - so while you have changed the most prominent parts that *could* go wrong sooner or later, you *might* have fixed the 701 for a looong time as well. :)

Good luck & lots of fun with it !

Peter aus dem Lipperland

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!
Nach der Registrierung können Sie aktiv am Forenleben teilnehmen und erhalten Zugriff auf weitere Bereiche des Forums.