Dual 1254 automatic belt drive not turning

• Hi

I have a Dual 1254 automatic belt drive built in an Dual HS 132 and when pulling to start, it usually started turning and then, the tonearm would start to move, however, the belt doesn't starts turning. The table doesn't spin at all

I checked the belt but it is intact, the player was serviced recently and some parts are even new. The device itself is can be turned on because I can still use it through plugging in an external device via AUX

Could anyone help?

• Hi kikala5,

what exactly do you mean with stylus would start to move?

Greetings,

Olaf

Meine Dreher: CS1254 CS455 CS435 CS 731 CS 721 CS 1249 CS714 und andere
    Meine Tonabnehmer: AT20sla SuperShibata Ortofon OMB 10 Ortofon 2M Blue Dual 251E Dual 251S Dual236 AT VM95ML diverse Shure diverse Dual

• Hi, thank you for answering and sorry, should have written "tonearm"

So, once the recordplayer is set on start, it must start spinning and the tonearm automatically sets on the the record. Once finished, the toearm goes back to its original position.

Now, the table doesn't turn at all after setting on start

• Ok,

Table is spinning but the tonearm does not move to the beginning of vinyl, right?

Meine Tonabnehmer: AT20sla SuperShibata Ortofon OMB 10 Ortofon 2M Blue Dual 251E Dual 251S Dual236 AT VM95ML diverse Shure diverse Dual

• No, the table doesn't spin at all. The issue isn't with the tonarm but with the spinning itself. I mentioned tonearm to describe how it usually worked

• Hi:)

You may take a look into the red box - nur unbutton the player before. One of the electrical parts inside may be damaged.

Greetings Arne

Gekommen, um zu bleiben ;)

DUAL: 1010A - 1015A - 1015F - 1214 - 1214 Hifi - 1239A - 481 - HS36 - HS38 (auf dem Postweg ;) )- KA50 - P60 - P90
    Elac: Miracord 50H
    PE: 2001 - 2010 VHS - 2014
    Technics: SL-Bd22 - SL-B210 - SL-Q303
    Telefunken: Partyset 208 Stereo - W 258 Hifi

• Which parts are even new?

Under the red cover is the electric board, possible a conductor or the micro switch is defect.

Main voltage delivered by hs132 is ok?

• Hi:)

You may take a look into the red box - nur unbutton the player before. One of the electrical parts inside may be damaged.

Greetings Arne

Hi, thank you for the reply.

I myself have no experience in servicing devices. Would it be possible for a novice without any special tools to identify the problem?

Which parts are even new?

Under the red cover is the electric board, possible a conductor or the micro switch is defect.

Main voltage delivered by hs132 is ok?

The main voltage should be okay because the HS 132, which works as an amp, works.

I haven't checked the electric board. Would it be possible to identify the damage without special tools?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von kikala5 () aus folgendem Grund: Ein Beitrag von kikala5 mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt.

• If have no experience with electric things please do not do that!

Under the red box the voltage is 220V, Risk for life!

• Hi Kikala5,

didnt't you mentioned, that the recordplayer was recently serviced? Was it done by a professional? If you have no experiences with electrical circuits, i would recommend to contact the person, who serviced your device.

Regards!

Axel

audio ergo sum

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!
Nach der Registrierung können Sie aktiv am Forenleben teilnehmen und erhalten Zugriff auf weitere Bereiche des Forums.