PE2020 PE2020L tonearm removal

• Working my first PE2020L. The PE2020 works fine. I bought two, one for 20€ that had broken and missing parts. I figured I could repair or at least have spare parts for the first one if needed.

Well parts were needed.

I was almost finished with the unit when I had an unfortunate accident and broke the tonearm head. I need a better work stand then my jerry rigged one.

No problem. Remove tonearm from unit (again). I must say the 15mm nut 🔩 is REALLY hard to get to and even harder to turn. With a combination of water pump pliers and needle nose pliers I have removed and installed 3 to date. No normal socket or wrench 🔧 fits here.

Go to second unit and try to remove head. This time the 15mm nut just turns and turns.

Of course it does. It attaches to the bearing bushing sleeve. That puppy loves to spin around! Item 23 PN 15 3034 0.

Question is what is different this time? How was I able to remove the first three without serious issue?

The bushing sleeve has a flat spot which would prevent its turning, but the chassis hole is perfectly round.

Help needed in Kassel!

Greg

Greg Linton

Dual 1219, 1249 Turntable, Dual P 412 BN 1, Lenco 78 Customized Turntable, W250 / PE 2020 Turntable
    B&W CDM1 SE Speakers

Focal Subwoofer

Sonos One Speakers
    Sony SCD-CE59 SACD 5 Disc Changer

Pro-Ject Pre Box DS 2 digital

Pro-Ject Phono Box DS2 USB

Sonos Amp

• Success! Superglue gel and jamming a screwdriver against the bearing

The newer on has only half as many threads and no flat spot.

Greg Linton

Dual 1219, 1249 Turntable, Dual P 412 BN 1, Lenco 78 Customized Turntable, W250 / PE 2020 Turntable
    B&W CDM1 SE Speakers

Focal Subwoofer

Sonos One Speakers

Sonos Amp

• New liftpimpel. M2x5 brass flat head screw.

Greg Linton

B&W CDM1 SE Speakers

Focal Subwoofer

Sonos One Speakers

Sonos Amp

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!
Nach der Registrierung können Sie aktiv am Forenleben teilnehmen und erhalten Zugriff auf weitere Bereiche des Forums.