DUAL CS 450 fast speed

• Hello everyone.

I recently bought a CS 450 for the graphophone collection. The speed is high when playing. I saw that the dc motor has sockets for setting (L for 33 and 1/3 and H for 45 rpm). Will it be possible to adjust the speed from there or i play with the DC adapter?

my Dual turntables

Dual 1010

Dual 1209

Dual 1214

Dual 1229

Dual 461

Dual 521

Dual CS 2125

Dual CS 2210

Dual CS 728Q

• Hello,

you need to set the speed at the sockets. An isolated screwdriver is recomended, preferably one made of plastic.

Keep on rockin' in the free world! 8)

• Scara: How high would you guesstimate the speed to be? And does the switching between the two speed as such still work?

Oh, and mind you, that the adjustment for the two speeds isn't independent. Instead the motor electronics has one always active branch (should be the one for 33 1/3 rpm) and another one, that is activated in parallel via the speed switch (should be the one for 45 rpm). Hence the speed of the always active branch should be adjusted first.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

• Hello,

you need to set the speed at the sockets. An isolated screwdriver is recomended, preferably one made of plastic.

Hello! Thanks for the reply.

my Dual turntables

Dual 1010

Dual 1209

Dual 1214

Dual 1229

Dual 461

Dual 521

Dual CS 2125

Dual CS 2210

Dual CS 728Q

• Hello! Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I noticed the connection between the low and high speed settings.Contrary to logic, the trimmer reduced the speed clockwise, not counterclockwise.

I set the speed to 33 and 1/3 and 45 rpm, but ....

I do not know how appropriate it is to install a motor, control and power supply from CS 2125 in this chassis.

Greetings from Sofia!

Emil / Scarabadaba

my Dual turntables

Dual 1010

Dual 1209

Dual 1214

Dual 1229

Dual 461

Dual 521

Dual CS 2125

Dual CS 2210

Dual CS 728Q

• Emil: Uhm - why would you want to do that, if the DC205 works?

Anyway, the sub-platter of the 2125 would at least appear to be the same as the one for the 410/415, and the same would also go for the parts for fixing the motor - but I'm not sure, whether that would also apply to the 450/455. But even if both would apply, I'm not sure, whether the plinth of the 450 would have sufficient space for the DC200-1, which is a good bit higher than the DC205, as well as for the power supply board of the 2125. So you'd need to measure and see...

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!
Nach der Registrierung können Sie aktiv am Forenleben teilnehmen und erhalten Zugriff auf weitere Bereiche des Forums.