Dual tk 157 and tk 136 headshell compatibility CS 1229

• Hello,

This is my first participation in the forum, and I would like to know if these tk 157 and tk 136 headshell are compatible with a CS 1229? currently wearing a TK 128 with a Shure M75 MG Type2. Excuse my ignorance. ; (

Thanks for your support !!

• Hi !

TK xxx are pre-mounted sets consisting of a bare system carrier + a pickup combined in the factory.

The TK136 is a TK24 (slim sides) with a Shure V15-III factory mounted.

The TK157 is a TK15 (high sides with VTM adjustor wheel) with a M91MG-D factory mounted.

The TK128 is a TK14 (high sides w/o VTM adjustor wheel) with a DM101M-G factory equipped. This might have been the TK the 1229 came with.

The 1229 can use all TK14 / TK15 (high sides) or TK24 / TK25 (slim sides).

The TKx5 have an adustor wheel and a moving holderplate to compensate the different vertical tracking angles on the needle tip when the player is used as a changer / player only. The 1229 doesn't need that, since it has the Multi / Single switchable height adjustment on the rear of the tonearm main bearing. But nontheless: you could use these TKs as well because they are physically compatible.

Excuse my ignorance. ; (

No problem.

I have been taught: "If you don't know - just ask !"

:)

Peter aus dem Lipperland

Solo mio, vendro unscrupuloso, custombres sansaclu.

• Hello Wachholder

Thank you very much for your prompt and accurate clarification, ;) now I understand it better. :thumbup:

Greetings!!

• Hi !

For further reference:

Dual TK_20161105.pdf

It is not 100% complete, since it is a compilation I did over various years using Dual catalogues and price-lists mainly.

Some numbers are missing and I cannot tell wether they are really missing or not used.

TKO is the old carrier as used on the early versions of the 1009 and 1010

TK14 and 15 are the high-side carriers

TK24 and 25 are the low profile carriers as used on the 1229.

:)

Peter aus dem Lipperland

• Hi !

Wise thought, :) but we hope it takes a long time to arrive ;)

Well - me too.

But at the age of 60 with various health-issues one should not be too over-optimistic.

Most people judge themselves as indestructible, until nature teaches them a better one and the angel of death appears ...

^^

Peter aus dem Lipperland

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!
Nach der Registrierung können Sie aktiv am Forenleben teilnehmen und erhalten Zugriff auf weitere Bereiche des Forums.