CS 601 grounding

• Hello,

On my CS 601 grounding cable is connected to Canton cleaning "arm". Everything is fine, while turntable is connected to marantz onboard phono and marantz ground. When i connect turntable to rega fono a2d phono and its ground screw, i have unbelievable level of HUM. How to fix it?

• Hello,

can you verify with a second turntable if it is a problem with the 601 or the rega fono?

regards Evil

Dreher: 601, 627Q, 731Q, Sony PS20FB, Denon DP45F
    LS: Audio Physic Sitara, Needle Deluxe Bamboo, Crazy, CT280

• Connect the grounding Cable of the 601 direct to the Rega without the Canton Arm.

I think it will be working.

Liebe Grüße
    Ludwig

Ich vermisse den Dislke Button

• Well, that is exactly what i want to do. But since cable is removed, i am not sure where should i re-solder it :(

• Hello,

if you are able to remove the Chassis (the Top) you can put a new cable on the Terminal
    of the Player

One of the both Terminals in the front.
    It's a Picture of a 1249, but it's the same way.
    Excuse my bad engiish :D

EDIT
    or use a Screw below of the chassis. There a all connected, have all the same ground!

Liebe Grüße
    Martin

...bedenken muss man als aktiver Musiker immer eins: Sobald der Drummer einsetzt, ist das alles wurscht!
    "SloeGin"
    (Resümee bei der Suche der optimalen Einstellung von Musikinstrumenten)

• What kind of plug is build in (601)?

Cinch (RCA) or the German DIN 5-Pol Plug?

Liebe Grüße
    Ludwig

• Ok,
    if the Pre Owner just switch the Plugs and not the Cable maybe he doesn't cut the ground bridge
    in the Player. Some Pre Phonoamps get Problems without a seperate cable.

In the DIN Plug of the Dual Turntables the ground of the Turntable is affiliated on the ground of the Signal

Try this, take a thin cable and put it on the Groundscrew of the Rega.
    And when you connect the RCAs from the 601 clamp/jam (dont no whats right) the thin cable on one of the RCA sockets.

You know what i mean? :/

My Schoolenglish is very terrible :D

Liebe Grüße
    Ludwig

• Cable is completely replaced. So i will just connect cable to back of the board and will see if it changes something or no :)

• Maybe this could help

and this

Liebe Grüße
    Ludwig

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Gizeh ()

• SO...
    Today i opned turntable, checked all connections and MAGIC... grounding Marantz - Rega phono works like a charm! ;D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!
Nach der Registrierung können Sie aktiv am Forenleben teilnehmen und erhalten Zugriff auf weitere Bereiche des Forums.