Elac 820 maintenance questions (from the U.S.)

• Hi,

I received a lot of help from this site years ago when I was working on a Perpetuum Ebner PE2020, and I'm hoping you guys can offer some assistance with an Elac 820.

After removing the main bearing support block, I looked underneath and saw the clip circled in red in the photo below.

">

I believe this goes on the top of the cam, but I can't tell where based on the fuzzy exploded diagram in the copy of the service manual I have. Any thoughts?

Matt

• Ok, I figured out where that spring goes in the cam.

Next question (in case anyone is reading this). For the fine speed adjustment, the service manual says to turn nut 23 A. Would that be the nut I'm pointing to with the arrow?

• Dear Matt,

So sorry. Maybe there are not very much owners of a Elac 820 here.

Grüße,
    Albert

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I'm writing nonsense - simply forget it :whistling:

• Hi Albert,

Thank you for the reply. You're right - that may be the problem. But if anyone there owns an 810 or 830, the mechanisms are the same, if that helps.

Best,
    Matt

• Hi Matt,

do you have the service manual? I don't have any experience with Elac but found the 810 SM here.
    It's in german but it'll help maybe.

BR,
    Uli

Keep on rockin' in the free world! 8)

• Hi Uli,

I do have a copy of the 810 SM and did a VERY rough software translation. One of the parts that's confusing me is the paragraph at the top of page 6. The translation says:

If the turntable speed is not correct when the ring 10 is centered for fine adjustment, nut 23a is corrected. The setting must be checked after each motor or step pulley change. A control range of + 2 ö is guaranteed with precise adjustment.

When I look at the exploded diagram on page 13 (and at the table itself), I can't locate nut 23a or how it would be "corrected."

Best,
    Matt

• Matt,
    Nut 23 a seems to be a typo because in german this sentence is uncomplete/incorrect.
    The exploded view on page 13 is too bad for me to see how it works.

BR,
    Uli

Keep on rockin' in the free world! 8)

• Hi Uli,

Thanks for taking a look. I'll take a few photos of the mechanism and post them here in case it would help.

Best,
    Matt

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!
Nach der Registrierung können Sie aktiv am Forenleben teilnehmen und erhalten Zugriff auf weitere Bereiche des Forums.