Dual 1002F Nadel ??

• Sorry for my bad German.....

I own a WEGA musikshrank. It has a DUAL 1002F pickup. The needle might be worn.

So first question: How can I see the needle needs replacement?

2nd question: I am confused at which needle I need. The element looks like a Dual CDS2 and that would fit a Dual DN2 needle. However the pictures I see at websites differ somewhat from my needle. Mine is fitted with a rectangular pin, and the ones for sale has some kind of round pin.
    e.g this one for sale:
    https://www.electro-andijk.nl/…p-naalden/dual-dn2-detail

3rd question: Well I do not know the exact terminology, but how can I separate the inner -moving- part (which is probably the CDS2) from the outer housing that fits the 1002F? Without damage!

1st pic: The element
    2nd pic: My needle

Thanks
    Arjen (Netherlands, a real Rudi :D )

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Beach ()

• Hi Arjen,

if the needle is broken you could see with a magnifying glass (maybe also without), but a bad needle you only can see under an microscope.

To get out the system of the head you have to press down the system (in positon "M"!) beside the needle (better without needle) an push it back. That's all.

The DN2 is used in different systems. So there is just a round rubber on the Pin to fit in other systems.

EDIT
    But maybe you need the DN1-Needle because your system is a CDS1 not the CDS2! The needle looks like DN1. Search vor it.
    Take off the system and have a closer look at it and post a photo here.

Martins Lieblingsdreher: Dual 1229, Dual 1000/1001, Dual 300 Siesta, Luxor GW1. Alles Weitere im Profil.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von MaxB ()

• Oh wow, that was a lot easier than I thought. Don´t need to take a picture, it says clearly CDS1 at the side. I´ll go and search for a DN1 then...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!
Nach der Registrierung können Sie aktiv am Forenleben teilnehmen und erhalten Zugriff auf weitere Bereiche des Forums.