Dual CR 60 voltage and fuses

• Hello. I apologize for the English post. I have a CR 60 receiver. I’m trying to change the voltage from 220V to 110V to use in the United States. I have two questions:

1.) I need to replace the two fuses that are used to change the voltage. Does anyone know what type of fuse I should order?

2.) Do I also need to change a wire? The owner’s manual is not clear about this. The text suggests that 110 & 220 are on one wire, and the other wire is for 130/240. But the photo in the manual suggests otherwise. Also, in the service manual, it appears as though one wire is 110/220, and the other is 130/240. http://dual.pytalhost.eu/cr60s/06.jpg
    Can someone confirm which is correct for 110V?

Thank you.

• Hi !

Welcome aboard ... :D

1.) I need to replace the two fuses that are used to change the voltage. Does anyone know what type of fuse I should order?

The CR60 has the "old" transformer connection board with four sockets for fuses.
    For 220V the inner two sockets are used.
    For 110V you have to use the (now open) outer sockets.
    The transformer has two main coils, which are switched in series for 220V and in parallel for 110V.

You use the fuses you already have installed, just relocate them.
    They are 5 x 20mm (german form factor) medium blow 0.6A / 220V.

2.) Do I also need to change a wire?

There is a wiring change required if you want to run the unit at 240 or 130V.
    There is another (now unused) 20V coil in the transformers secondary windings. There are two solder pins present for the one power line cable: the one it is currently attached to and one open about 5mm to the edge of the printboard. Soldering the cable to this pin invokes the additiona 20V coil and the unit is useable with 130V or 240V respectively depending on the position of the fuses in their sockets. This explains the somewhat misleading 110/220V and 130/240V designations in the schmatics.

Hope that helps and makes things a bit clearer !

^^

[Edit] I just found out that the wire designations in the User manual are just utterly wrong.
    It has to be 110/220V (without the additional 20V coil) and 130/240V (with using the additional 20V coil).
    The technical manual however gets it right:

X/

Peter aus dem Lipperland

Solo mio, vendro unscrupuloso, custombres sansaclu.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von wacholder ()

• Yes, that is much clearer. Thank you so much. I didn’t think I needed to change the wire to go from 220 to 110, but that error in the owners manual made it so confusing, and I just wanted to confirm what was correct.
    Thank you very much! You have been very helpful.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!
Nach der Registrierung können Sie aktiv am Forenleben teilnehmen und erhalten Zugriff auf weitere Bereiche des Forums.