Shure V15 Typ V-MR - besser auf welche Dual-700 Reihe?

• Liebe Dual-Forum-Mitglieder,

Ich schaue hier für Ihren Rat. Es tut mir leid, dass für meine Deutsche Sprache - es elektronische Übersetzung aus der englischen Sprache ist.

Ich habe eine neue Shure V15 TypeV-MR, den ich am Anfang der 90er Jahre kaufte. Ich plane, Dual-7xx Plattenteller zu kaufen, und eine Frage zu haben. Welche Kombination des Tonabnehmers/Plattentellers würde im Stande sein, Potenzial der V15 V-MR völlig - 721, 704, 731/714 zu öffnen?

Ich weiß alle technischen Details über sie, aber hatte nie eine Chance, persönlich zu hören.
    + fester Aufbau, VTA, kein Bedürfnis nach Zoll-Adaptern, entwickelte sich Tonabnehmer mit Shure V15 im Sinn
    - Bedürfnis nach der manuellen Geschwindigkeitskorrektur, Wow-Hum-Rumble konnte besseres, nichtregulierbares Antiresonator sein
    + dasselbe bezüglich 721
    - dasselbe bezüglich 721, schwächerer Motor, mehr Wow-Hum-Rumble
    731/714
    + Geschwindigkeitskontrolle, Wow-Hum-Rumble Sie besser, und Sie regulierbares Antiresonator
    - kein VTA, Bedürfnis nach dem Zoll-Adapter, leichterer Tonabnehmer, der mit ULM-Zoll im Sinn, und Tonabnehmer-Klangfülle entwickelt ist, bewegen sich ein bisschen tiefer, mehr 'Plastik'-Aufbau

Was würden Sie, basiert auf Ihre Erfahrung empfehlen?
    Danke im Voraus!

Mit mit besten Grüßen
    Andrey

P.S.

Dear Dual-Forum Members,

I am looking here for your advice. I am sorry for my German language – it is electronic translation from English language.

I have a new phono cartridge Shure V15 TypeV-MR, that I purchased in early 90’s. I am planning to purchase Dual 7xx turntable, and have a question. Which tonearm/turntable combination would be able to open potential of the cartridge fully – 721, 704, 731/714?

I know all technical details about them, but never had a chance to listen personally.
    + solid construction, VTA, no need for cartridge adapters, tonearm developed with Shure V15 in mind
    - need for manual speed correction, hum/rumble could be better, non-adjustable anti-resonance device
    + the same as for 721
    - the same as for 721, weaker motor, more hum and rumble
    731/714
    + speed control, better hum and rumble, adjustable anti-resonance device
    - no VTA, need for cartridge adaptor, lighter tonearm developed with ULM-cartridges in mind, and tonearm resonance shifts a bit lower, more ‘plastic’ construction

What would you recommend, based on your experience?
    Thanks in advance!

With best regards
    Andrey

• Hi Andrey,
    is the needle an original or a Jico ? Jioc's are a lot harder as the original was. Just have an VST-V with the Jico Microridge and its runnig fine on the heavier Arm of the 1019. Its looking like an cu of about 15-20 ?
    In this case the etxra lightweighted 731 or 741 are not an option. I think its running still not optimal on a 701,721 but better as on the ULM's.
    The original needle will good run at the 701/721, just try it on the upper ones, but i dont think that this came to an optimal solution.

• Hi Andrey,

I achieved the best results in sound for the V15 V xMR when mounted on a CS 701 and a CS 1219. In contrast, the combination with a 704, a 731Q, and a 728Q was less satisfying.

ralph

• Hi Lutz, thanks for feedback!

Yes, the needle on the cartridge is original and untouched, so compliance of 32 should be expected. Although the cantilever holder gets stiffer with age, it cannot be measured or predicted anyway.

Generally, 714/731 tonearm was developed in 1977-78 with Dual-Ortofon alliance ULM-cartridges in mind, but in these years Shure V15 IV was developed already, and in magazines' tests of these years it is named the ultimate choice for these turntables. What attracts me is tunable antiresonator, that seems to be more progressive solution for damping resonances than on earlier models (although the earlier models were developed for direct predecessor of Shure V15 V - III, with the same mass, dimensions and compliance).

What would be the optimal solution in your opinion? 701-721? They have quite a different arms...

Your opinion is based on some technical issues, you faced with these setups (resonances, bass uncertainty), or type of musical presentation that seems to you more convincing?

Best regards,
    Andrey

• Hi Ralph, thanks for your opinion!

Do you listen to rock/pop or classical?
    Are you a 100%-vintage-man or can hear all the limitations of an older audio-gear?
    Do you value mostly sound that is "musical and involving" (at a cost of coloration and some other artificiality) or "linear and transparent window into the reality of recorded sound - good is good, and bad is bad - and you appreciate it as it is, because no type of coloration can make it better for your ears"?

Just trying to understand your criteria for musical satisfaction... :)

Best regards,
    Andrey

• Hi Andrey,
    i have a lot experience in setups on different Dual, PE, Elac, Player's with differernt exclusive MM's. I own myself the 701 and 721 and i prefer the 701 as in my eyes the better one. My 701 run's with the legendary AT ML150 OCC, which was just NOS too as your Shure, and taken some time to soften the rubber of the bearing.

• High Andrey,

My preference is Rock/POP of the 70ties, but I also have some classical and jazz records.

The reason for the difference in sound is unclear, but I made similar experience with 2 different V15 VxMR catridges. On the 1219 and on the 701 the sound was much more transparent and detailed as on the other turntables I mentioned above. To me, the reason is unclear. It may be speculated whether the higher mass of the platter of the 1219 and the 701 may contribute to the different results....

from which country are you posting?

ralph

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Ralph ()

• Hi Lutz,

Thanks for the info!

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for sharing your experience!
    I'm posting from Moscow, Russia.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!
Nach der Registrierung können Sie aktiv am Forenleben teilnehmen und erhalten Zugriff auf weitere Bereiche des Forums.