My first CS 601 and some problems.

• Hello,

Sorry for english, but i do not know german language :(

So, today i received my dual cs 601, it looks great, except totally destroyed dust cover while shipping :/
    Now i have some questions
    1) When i press start, tonearm moves a bit, stops before platter, and then moves back to home/start position on armrest. If i put tonearm with hand, it works as expected. How to fix this?
    2) 3 silver color bolts on the body metal part, they are screwed out, when i try to screw them in, they just fall in, if i try to screw them out, they fixes metal part of recorder. Something wrong? I just dont want to disassemble body yet.

• hi Edgar

this 3 screws are the transport fixing srews.
    For normal operation, the screws should be turned in. For transport, the screws must turned out.
    And for removing the chassis from the plinth, the screws must be in the middle loose position, so that they can be moved sidewards.
    This you must do anyway if you want to solve this automatik funktion issue.
    best regards, Armin

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tubesaurus ()

• Edgars, I know it's off topic, but the question should allowed, are you from Latvia?

Ich glaube in Lettisch würde es etwas so lauten: Edgars, es zinu, ka tas nav temats, bet jautājums ir jāatļauj, vai tu esi no Latvijas?

• Edgars, I know it's off topic, but the question should allowed, are you from Latvia?

Ich glaube in Lettisch würde es etwas so lauten: Edgars, es zinu, ka tas nav temats, bet jautājums ir jāatļauj, vai tu esi no Latvijas?

Hi,
    Yes, im from Latvia.

• Yeah, that is what i thought. Will try to fix in correct position

• Interesanti, ka mana sieva ir arī no Latvijas, patiesībā no sava galvaspilsētas Rīgā. Es biju tur tur daudzas reizes.

Laipni lūdzam šeit forumā.

(Für alle die noch nicht so gut lettisch sprechen :) :
    "Interessant, meine Frau ist auch aus Lettland, genau genommen aus eurer Hauptstadt Riga. Ich war schon oft dort. Willkommen hier im Forum.")

• Es ari no Rīgas :)
    Paldies!

(Im from Riga also. Thanks)

• Hi !

Für alle die noch nicht so gut lettisch sprechen

Ich bin immer wieder erstaunt, was für Fähigkeiten so nach und nach ans Tageslicht kommen ...

:D

Peter aus dem Lipperland

Solo mio, vendro unscrupuloso, custombres sansaclu.

• Yes, the linkt to the pimpel is right, but you can also built your own from the inside insulation of a coax cable (TV).
    The difficulty here is to find the right length, as the 601 mechanics might react iffy .

Also the board user Oli62 has the Pimpel for sale, which might be more stressless with shipping to Latvia.

regards Evil

Dreher: 601, 627Q, 731Q, Sony PS20FB, Denon DP45F
    LS: Audio Physic Sitara, Needle Deluxe Bamboo, Crazy, CT280

• Huh, after i calmed down a bit about destroyed cover, and stopped randomly pushing all knobs and levers, looks like START works fine.
    Only thing to which i need to adopt is UP/DOWN lever, it falls down too fast and it have a nasty freewheeling/empty move. Maybe it's fixable somehow?

• Damn, after stylus pressure adjustment tone arm stops at a half way to the record, and then returns to the home. Pimpel?

• still the pimpel...
    About the tonearm moving down to fast you find a "how to" manual with pictures in this board. It's also known as the mighty "Plumpslift".
    Not the easiest maintenance issue, but can be managed with caution and time.
    Dual 601 - Bilderstrecke: Liftstößel ausbauen und mit Silikonöl schmieren.
    You need a portion of 500 000 Silikon oil, which can be found on ebay in small amounts.

regards Evil

Dreher: 601, 627Q, 731Q, Sony PS20FB, Denon DP45F
    LS: Audio Physic Sitara, Needle Deluxe Bamboo, Crazy, CT280

• Hi edgars!

I have got enough of this 500000 silicone oil to send a small amount of it to you, if you wanted to. The only thing I don't know much about is about the transportation cost and if it pays off for you to accept my offer. It's just meant as an alternative (... to Ebay), if this lubricant is not or not easily available in Latvia - or if it is too expensive where you live (at least my oil will be for free - the postage won't). By the way: you also might find it at a scale modeling accessory shop. Many sources for it!

If you ever think of replacing this "Pimpel" (and reading about your problems, you probably should!), I recommend the ones of Oli62 as well; the 601 runs way smooth with those. No trivial hint: the mechanical system of the 601 wants to be properly adjusted to work fully satisfying! This model is not called a "diva" for no reason!

You also might pay attention to the lubrication points of this turntable; old greases and oils in it tend to resinification during the years of long-term operation or standstill. You will find informations about the originally used lubricants at the end of the service manual, which has already being linked to by Geisen/Dietmar. As well I have composed a table, in which you will find the names of currently available lubricants as a replacement for the obsolete ones in the service manual ( -> "Öl! Öl! Öl! 2.0" - thread). If you have questions about the lubricants I'm suggesting there, I could offer you a little help to find the "right ones", although there are different views about this point in this board (there seem to be some guys, who smear butter onto everything which squeals). Good luck, as you've got a wonderful turntable, which earns to survive! (I'm also driving a 601 and I love it!)
    Best regards

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von riofox () aus folgendem Grund: necessary!

• riofox, you have a PM :)
    Ok, i will contact Oli61 about Pimple and will check about about oiling and oils :)

And as i understand noise/clicking in mechanics is ok, is it ok on every tonearm move?

• Dear edgars,

I'm sorry about having to tell you, that I didn't receive a PM of you yet. Concerning the Pimpel, Olis version does brilliant work in the 601 of mine, but you should degrease the sliding surface for the Pimpel properly, before using a new one. This could be well done by primarily using lighter gasoline, followed by isopropyle alcohol, as well as wiping the surface thoroughly with a clean, lint-free cloth afterwards.
    Regarding the needed oils and fats my offer is standing, if there should be anything in question.
    I have seen, that other board members are able to communicate in English as well, as there even is one, who could probably translate and explain in Latvian, so I'm not afraid about you coming no further with the restoration of your record milling machine :D .
    I still wish you good luck; regards

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!
Nach der Registrierung können Sie aktiv am Forenleben teilnehmen und erhalten Zugriff auf weitere Bereiche des Forums.